Monday, March 9, 2009

Update...

Well, I got a couple calls from daycare this afternoon that Jacob's fever was back and his eyes were getting goopier. I took him to the doctor this evening (thank heavens for doctors that are open late!) and it appears that he has pinkeye. His fever had gone up to 102 by then, as well. It appears to be viral so they can't do much for him. They gave me a prescription for eye drops and I just have to keep him Tylenol-ed up to keep the fever down. The doctor said that the inside of his one ear was just a tiny bit pink, which could be from all of the viral activity, but since this is just the first couple days of this, we could still be in for an ear infection in the next few days. Ugh. Fortunately we're scheduled for a well visit on Monday anyway, so if one pops up, that may be good timing. But let's hope it doesn't become an issue. Craig and I are splitting up tomorrow at home with him...and we'll see how the rest of the week goes. If his fever goes away he can go back within 24 hours. So, his parade of meds continues. And here's a scary one...when I went to the pharmacy tonight (between the three of us I spent more on prescriptions than I did groceries!), the one woman asked me where "the little one" was tonight. Now, considering that this is Wegmans and there are thousands of people that go through there, this is a little scary...that I'm at the pharmacy enough that she knows me AND remembers that I have a baby. Yikes. Never a good sign.

On the bright side, Jacob did perk up a lot the second he saw me, and all things considered he was in a really good mood tonight. He ate well and smiled a lot despite the runny nose and the goopy eyes. We'll see how tomorrow goes...

No comments: